Canada Day at Canada Place has been western Canada’s premier Canada Day event for 30 years, bringing communities together to share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and celebrating our freedom, values and diversity.
The celebration in 2017 will take place over two days, and the Downtown Vancouver BIA is proud to be Community Partners for what will be an epic program of events.
This year’s highlights include:
- Daytime event featuring five performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, Fefe Dobson, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, The Matinee, and many more
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- North Point Lounge serving beer and wine, presented by Steam Whistle Brewing
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only)
- Canadian Oath reaffirmation ceremony presented by CIBC
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1)
- Pancake breakfast (July 2)
- Canada150 parade through downtown Vancouver (July 2)
Read more about the festivities at canadaplace.ca/events/canada-day