The TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival starts off with bang the weekend of June 25 & 26, with free programming on three stages in the heart of Downtown. Musical highlights will include:
- A Salute to Dal Richards: The beloved bandleader, who passed away last winter, is saluted in style by his long-time band and some touching reminiscences.
- Dawn Pemberton: Vancouver’s most authentic and honest voice beats a soulful path from gostal and R&B to jazz, funk and world music. Her irresistible verve will win you over.
- Gwyneth Herbert: Direct from the UK, this vocalist & multi-instrumentalist has been called “a remarkably gifted talent” by The Guardian.
- WDF (Warren Dean Flandez): This cool crooner is a rising R&B vocal sensation. His joyful take on gospel, Motown, and old school funk will get you moving
- Jen Hodge All-Star A pack of talented twentysomethings playing raucous, sassy jazz that recalls prohibition era speakeasies. Great fun!
Plus, don’t miss the Tom Lee Music/Anthem Properties Sounds of Youth Stage, featuring the next generation of jazz stars. Also worth a stop? The licensed Bistro, featuring Mill Street brewery beers, Lonetree cider, and Perseus wines from the Okanagan.
The DVBIA is a silver sponsor of the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival.