Members of the Downtown Vancouver BIA belong to a network of over 9,000 Businesses and 3000 Property Owners extending through 90 blocks of the downtown peninsula. Membership has benefits.
You may be eligible for membership if you meet all criteria
- You or your business rents, leases or owns class five or class six real property as referred to in Section 459 of the Vancouver Charter S.B.C.1953, C.55. If you need help verifying this Jason can help you get this information. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within our 90-block downtown area.
View DVBIA Boundaries in a larger map
You are ineligible for membership if you meet any of these criteria
- Your business is home-based or residential.
- Your business lands outside the DVBIA area . You may be eligible for membership with another Vancouver BIA.
- The property that you rent is within our boundaries but pays no BIA levy amount.
- Not in good standing with the DVBIA for 60 consecutive days.
- Any of the information provided to us has been falsified or is incomplete.
Great value! There is no fee to activate your membership.
The DVBIA is funded by a special municipal levy that is paid by commercial properties in the area, and shared by tenants through their rent. In most cases, the levy amounts to less than 10 cents per square foot for each individual business.