The 30th Annual VANCOUVER SUN RUN will take place in the streets of downtown Vancouver on Sunday morning, April 27th 2014. Last year’s event attracted 48,196 participants – runners, joggers, walkers and wheelchair participants. Already Canada’s biggest and best run, we are looking at an even larger number of participants this year.
The start time for the main run will be 9:00am near the vicinity of Georgia and Thurlow Streets. The competitive Wheelchair Division start will be at 8:40am from the same start location. The Mini Sun Run will begin at 8:00am on Pacific Boulevard (between BC Place and the Plaza of Nations). Both courses will be lined with water stations and will have musical entertainment.
City of Vancouver road closures will be in effect along the route and Vancouver Police will be directing traffic. Attached, please find a copy of the 2014 road closures. We will also have route maps and event information in the Sun Run Supplement in the Vancouver Sun on April 23rd, 2014
- Seymour to Bute (start area): 5 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia): 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Lions Gate Bridge (access from Pender St only): 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Howe to Burrard from Dunsmuir to Robson: 5 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Denman St – Georgia to Robson: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Robson St – west of Denman St to Stanley Park: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Beach Avenue (Stanley Park to Hornby St): 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Stanley Park Dr at North Lagoon Dr: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr: 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Burrard St to Hornby St (eastbound lanes): 6 a.m. – 12 noon
- Burrard Bridge – closed both northbound and southbound: 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Cambie Bridge – closed to all northbound traffic: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- East bound exit ramp from Cambie Bridge: 5 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Nelson St to Abbott St: 5 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Abbott St to Quebec St: 7 a.m. – 1:30 p.m
QUEBEC, KEEFER, ABBOTT AND CARRALL ST. (closed to all traffic near Expo Boulevard and Pacific Blvd): 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
EXPO BLVD (from Quebec St to Terry Fox Way): 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Route: from Thurlow Street down Georgia Street – left onto Denman Street – right turn onto Robson Street – along Lagoon Drive to Beach Avenue – along Beach Avenue to Hornby Street – up Hornby Street to Pacific Boulevard and across the Burrard Street Bridge – left turn onto 2nd Avenue – right turn onto Fir Street to 4th Avenue – 4th Avenue to the Cambie Street Bridge on-ramp – across the bridge and down the off-ramp onto Pacific Boulevard to the Finish Line stretching between BC Place and the Plaza of Nations.
If you would like more information about the VANCOUVER SUN RUN and road closures please visit their website or call the SUN RUN HOTLINE – 604-689-9441.