The Downtown Vancouver BIA invites you the Housing (Un)Affordability & Business Roundtable.
The current Vancouver real estate environment affects us all. According to the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, the housing crisis is affecting businesses in major ways, including the ability to attract and retain talent, as well as deterring new business growth and the expansion of established companies.
This roundtable discussion, which will include presentations and a moderated Q&A session, will dive deep into the complex issue of housing affordability, its impacts on businesses, and the role that the DVBIA and member businesses can play in affecting positive long-term change.
Who you will hear from:
- Luke Harrison, CEO, Vancouver Affordable Housing Agency
- Jon Stovell, President, Reliance Properties
- Jeff Fisher, Vice President & Senior Policy Advisory, Urban Development Institute
What will be covered:
- How the Vancouver Affordable Housing Agency supports housing accessibility in Metro Vancouver
- How the City’s housing strategy has evolved, and what’s next
- Alternative perspectives on what’s needed to solve Vancouver’s current predicament (and how businesses can be a part of the solution)
- Opportunity for members to share questions and concerns with experts and peers
What you’ll get:
- Direct access to key decision makers in municipal government and the real estate industry
- Networking with downtown property owners and businesses
- Complimentary lunch
Save your spot:
- Thursday, November 23, 2017—11:30am-1:30pm
- Terminal City Club (Wilson M Beck Room)
- Space is limited, so register today!