In the next 30 years, Metro Vancouver will welcome 1 million new residents. We need a transit and transportation system that will keep our region moving.
If the referendum or plebiscite is successful – yes please! – the money will go into a lock box or secure fund overseen by the region’s Mayors who will work with the Government of BC to ensure we build the system today and tomorrow. And, it will cost us all just 35 cents a day per household. A small price for all of us to pay to all benefit.
The DVBIA is behind the Yes campaign 100%.
We need all our members to also actively support the campaign. Why? Because we’ll all benefit – walkers, drivers, transit users and cyclists.
What you can do:
- Talk about the campaign with your staff and customers
- Wear the ‘yes’ button; distribute posters and pledge cards
- Pledge your/your organization’s support at www.bettertransit.info
- Make sure you, your family members and staff are registered to vote; register online here
- Add your company to the 100+ organizations who are backing the campaign
- Educate yourself on the benefits of the plan: http://www.bettertransit.info/
- Mail in your ballot as soon as it arrives mid-March
- Respond to media stories, blogs and talk show with your support
- Invite a rep form the Yes Coalition to an speaking opportunity