Our Association provides member-driven programs and services in the areas of advocacy, protection and enhancement of property, public safety, cleanliness, beautification and marketing downtown Vancouver.
- The Downtown Ambassadors® make over 3000 referrals to our member businesses each month. After you activate, invite us in for an orientation about your business and let us work for you.
- Access to exclusive member to member perks, and member discounts.
- Be a part of the Downtown Business community. Meet other DVBIA members at our Downtown Libations networking social mixer or for something a little closer to home, our morning neighbourhood coffee gatherings.
Members are well informed about issues that impact downtown businesses.
- Sign up for the Property Owner SMS Text list to keep informed during an emergency.
- Subscribe to our tweets to know the big events that may impact your business.
- Safewalk. Where safety might be a concern, and where feasible, Ambassadors can be requested to escort employees and visitors to their vehicles on request. Call 604-689-4357 (HELP) 30 minutes in advance to request a Safewalk. Service is available until 8 pm.
- Participate in free workshops and industry round tables to have a pulse on what’s current.
- Seminars by institutional experts address topical issues such as personal, office and vehicle safety, counterfeit currency, credit card fraud, internal theft, refund scams, shoplifting and telemarketing scams and are offered at no charge to members.
- Have a say in your downtown. Provide feedback on important issues affecting downtown by taking part in our surveys. We will pass your feedback along.
- Join us on Social Media. We engage on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Take advantage of DVBIA marketing opportunities such as our Christmas Downtown Magazine.
- Work with festivals and special events coming to the downtown. We can connect your business with an event to partner with or to sponsor.
- The DVBIA supports the Downtown Attractions Group, a cooperative team of businesses working together to promote the unique and quality attractions in downtown Vancouver. It's brochure can be found at each of the attractions or from the Downtown Ambassadors®.
- Vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Community Safety team helps members prevent crime, create safer work environments, respond to crimes through reporting them to the police and work together to make downtown a safe and welcoming place.
- Beautification: Every year we install seasonal beautification to improve the downtown experience with banners, hanging flower baskets, public art, christmas wreathes and lights.
- Training seminars can be arranged by appointment with our Crime Prevention Services consultant to address your needs and concerns regarding the safety and security of your premises, employees, or location.
- Microcleaning services which include litter pick up and gum removal is provided through our Refresh Team. This is provided throughout our area. Members with greater and more frequent need can contract for additional services.
- The DVBIA supports the publication of the Van Dop Arts & Cultural Guide to British Columbia, in particular, the section on downtown Vancouver.This 128-page full-colour guide to the premier arts, culture and heritage destinations in the province can be found at over 600 locations including local galleries, museums, visitor information centres, cultural centres, BC Ferries, airports, select accommodations or any BCAA office.