Our Association provides member-driven programs and services in the areas of advocacy, protection and enhancement of property, public safety, cleanliness, beautification and marketing downtown Vancouver.
- Access to exclusive member to member perks, and member discounts.
- Be a part of the Downtown Business community! Meet other members at our Downtown Libations networking social mixer or for something a little more casual, one of our Mini Member Meetups.
- Members are well informed about issues that impact downtown businesses.
- Subscribe to our monthly eNewsletter or weekly Ambassador Hotsheet.
- Sign up for the Emergency SMS Text list stay informed during an emergency.
- Subscribe to our tweets to know the big events that may impact your business.
- Safewalk. Where safety might be a concern, and where feasible, Ambassadors can be requested to escort employees and visitors to their vehicles on request. Call 604-689-4357 (HELP) 30 minutes in advance to request a Safewalk. Service is available until 8 pm.
- Participate in free workshops and have a pulse on what’s current.
- Seminars by institutional experts address topical issues such as personal, office and vehicle safety, counterfeit currency, credit card fraud, internal theft, refund scams, shoplifting and telemarketing scams and are offered at no charge to members.
- Have a say in your downtown. Provide feedback on important issues affecting downtown by participating in a round table or taking part in our surveys.
- Join us on Social Media. We engage on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Work with festivals and special events coming to the downtown. We can connect your business with an event to partner with or to sponsor.
- The DVBIA supports the Downtown Attractions Group, a cooperative team of businesses working together to promote the unique and quality attractions in downtown Vancouver. It's brochure can be found at each of the attractions or from the Downtown Ambassadors®.
- Vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Community Safety Ambassador team helps members prevent crime, create safer work environments, respond to crimes through reporting them to the police and work together to make downtown a safe and welcoming place.
- Beautification: Every year we install seasonal beautification to improve the downtown experience with perches, banners, alleyway improvement, summertime movies, hanging flower baskets, little libraries, public art, Christmas wreathes and lights.
- Microcleaning services which include litter pick up and gum removal is provided through our Downtown Clean Team. This is provided throughout our area. Members with greater needs can contact us for information about supplementary services.